Today I arrived at the wood shop with the desire to make some chips fly. I had a large pile of logs to choose from, and nothing to stand in my way.
I decided to hack up a walnut log into pieces I could work with. A couple hours later, 4 new pieces magically appeared. Keep in mind, these are all rough turned. They have to cure until the moisture content is correct, then they will be turned to their final dimensions.
After turning the walnut bowls, I made a switch to a different chunk of log. A cherry log jumped right up at me and onto the lathe. Six “Normal” bowls later, I decided to call it a day. I still have a few more to turn tomorrow from the cherry log. Not bad for a days work…
Thanks for reading this post.